Thursday, February 18, 2010

Goin' To The Show...

The 139th NRA Annual Meeting, that is... Less than three months until the convention in Charlotte, NC. I'm really hoping to make this one, having missed last year's shindig and all the other cool kids who went. Thinking about driving down - it's about 14 hours from here - and I know others in the area have expressed interest in carpooling, so let me know if interested. This will be the first NRA Annual Meeting I've attended since becoming a member some six years ago (yes, it was President Bush, not Clinton, who got me to join the NRA).

Taking a look at the Exhibitor List, I see that two companies who have sent products for review will be present - LaserLyte and LaserMax. I'm hoping my contacts at these two companies will be present, so I can thank them in person for giving me the opportunity to review their fine products. There's also about a zillion other companies I'd like to check out, for one reason or another, but most handgun manufacturers will be viciously buggered to submit models for MA approval... :)

I'm curious who else is planning to go - I always like adding folks to the "Bloggers I've Met" section - as well as who else is in the area that might be interested in getting together at some point over the long weekend. I'm planning on leaving here early Thursday morning, and rolling in sometime after dinner time (unless I decide to fly, in which case it will most likely be a late morning/early afternoon flight). Also, if anyone from the area has any "must-see" (or "must stay the hell away from"), I'm all ears.

I just realized something: this will be the first convention I've attended where there won't be someone in Star Trek regalia - at least I hope not...

That is all.

15 comments:

Nancy R. said...

We're planning on heading down. Should be there around lunch time on Friday.

Alan said...

See you there Jay!

Jay G said...

Awesome!

That's two already!

Newbius said...

Planning to attend as well...see you there!

Michael W. said...

Count me in, I will either be there already, or drift in around lunch on Friday...

Eseell said...

I am planning to be there.

doubletrouble said...

It's 2 hours from Logan to Charlotte by air- go for it!

ExurbanKevin said...

It's a lot of fun. Can't make this one, but I had a blast here last year. Plan on at least a full day spent on the show floor: It's something else.

JimTX said...

Sounds like y'need to plan an informal blogmeet concurrent with the festivities?

I very well may make the drive m'self. If only I can find affordable digs within 50 miles or so.


Jim
Sunk New Dawn
Galveston, TX

Jon said...

I went to last years, it was quite enjoyable.

libertyman said...

I am thinking of going --

ZerCool said...

I'd like to but have a feeling finances and other obligations will prevent it.

Set phasers to .45!

Bob said...

I'll be there, since I live in Charlotte. I can recommened a great BBQ restaurant, as well.

Linoge said...

Hoping to be there, assuming the Better Half signs off on it.

Unknown said...

I am hoping to make it...

:-)