Friday, April 6, 2007

Friday Gun Pr0n...

Since I mentioned Buy A Gun Day and guns chambered in 7.62 X 39mm in my last post, I figured it was only fair to showcase something that combined the two - my Buy A Gun Day purchase from last year:


Here we have a Yugo model 59/66 Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova, more commonly known as the SKS. It's not technically an "assault weapon" (a politically correct bullshit buzzword uttered by fools who know nothing about firearms) as it has no pistol grip nor a removable magazine. However, it has both an eeeeevil bayonet AND a grenade launcher. The horror! I hear Dianne Feinstein gets the vapors just thinking about rifles like this one...

In all seriousness, it's a helluva fun gun to shoot, and even with recent price increases the 7.62 X 39mm round it fires is still ridiculously cheap for a centerfire rifle. I really do need to stock up on some more, though - I think I'm down to my last ammo can... ;)

5 comments:

Bruce said...

Would it kill you to post pics that we can biggify by clicking on them?

Snarks aside, I'm thinking of taking my SKS out and breaking in my new membership at the Raymond Sportsman's Club soon.

Very soon.

What do you have going on?

Jay G said...

That would involve me having to not be lazy. You can see the problem inherent to the system... ;)

I believe I have some time next weekend. As in the run-up to Buy A Gun Day. And I will have my BAG Day purchase before next Saturday, so you can be the second to try it out... ;)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE SKS!! I HAVE 5 CHINESE SKS'S AND TWO BEAUTIFUL STOCK RUSSIAN SKS'S! TWO ARE THE SHORTY PARATROOPER MODELS AND TWO USE THE AK MAG. CALLED TYPE 88. I LOVE THEM!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOOT FRIGGIN RIGHTWINGERS IN THE HEAD WITH THEM?!!

Jay G said...

Um, yeah. Perhaps they ought to look into upping your daily lithium dose...

Bruce said...

Just posted my first SKS target.

When are you coming up?