Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Rest in Peace, Charles...

Actor Charles Nelson Reilly Dies at 76

LOS ANGELES -- Charles Nelson Reilly, the Tony Award winner who later became known for his ribald appearances on the "Tonight Show" and various game shows, has died. He was 76.

Reilly died Friday in Los Angeles of complications from pneumonia, his partner, Patrick Hughes, told the New York Times.

Wait a minute. Charles Nelson Reilly was... gay??? Say it ain't so... (Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course...)

And I have no idea how to tell my son that the Dirty Bubble is no longer... It was hard enough explaining that Clifford the Big Red Dog had to be put down...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, it took me a week to find out who Tinky Winky was and then I laughed out loud remembering your post.

Mike

Jay G said...

Y'know, just knowing that I made someone laugh with my inane scribblings makes it worthwhile...

:)

RW said...

I'm wearing my ascot at half-mast.