Saturday, June 23, 2007

Didja Miss Me?

Okay. Back from vacation. Seven days and six nights of rest and relaxation on the sunny shores of Cape Cod.

I got to observe, first hand, the following:

*My two young children experiencing nature's wonder and mystery up close and personal, exploring sand bars and building sand castles that would be demolished by the incoming tide (Quote of the Week, from my son, "Dad! Did you MOVE the sand castle?")

*My son's first ride on two wheels. Yes, the training wheels are technically still on the bike, but act more as a talisman protecting him from falls than as actual pedaling guides.

*I can eat ice cream, hamburgers, and fried seafood on vacation and not gain a single pound - as long as I start each day with a 15 mile bike ride and end it with a 4 mile power walk.

*Ecotards are both stupid *and* hypocritical (more on this later).

*Missing the lighthouses and cliffs of Martha's Vineyard so that I could spend an entire hour playing frisbee with my family is time well spent.

That's all for now. I've already logged into my e-mail at work and see that next week holds a tortured path of evil and hell. But on the other hand, there will be a new something on Friday...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!! Sounds like a magical time was had by all.

Anonymous said...

So you were one of those damn tourists I've had to put with now that it's summertime.

Hope you all had a great time.

Mike

Bruce said...

I filled in for you in the gratuitous gun pic category while you were gone.

BobG said...

Good to see you back. Hope you were able to recharge your batteries.

Jay G said...

Brad,

Yes. A fantastic time was had by all members of the G. clan. The only "complaint" was that the vacation was too short.

Mike,

Oh hell yes. We were the tourist family in full-on bozo mode.

Bruce,

I saw. We will DEFINITELY have to re-schedule our range trip - I have a new toy as well... ;)

Bob,

Yes. Batteries were re-charged. Of course, after my first day back at work yesterday, all bets are off... :O

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the vacay was great. That's always wonderful to hear. *grin* That reminds me, I haven't taken a real vacation in about 4 years. Maybe I should think about it. heh.