Friday, June 29, 2007

Finally Fantastic Friday!

Alternate title: Do you have ANY idea how hard it was to wait until Friday to share my first new gun in three months?!?!?!
So here it is in all it's C&R glory:


That's a Colt Official Police in .22LR caliber. Six shot, six inch barrel, and one heckuva sweet shooter. The interesting thing is that this gun appears to have been carried, with the telltale wear on the end of the barrel, cylinder tips, and crane housing. Dunno who would be carrying a .22LR six-shooter, but there you go...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jay, Do I see a range report in the near future? Perhaps a side-by-side comparison of the colt to the Smith Mod-17 ???

Jay G said...

The Smith will kick the Colt's butt, accuracy-wise. The Colt is good - very good - but the Smith is better.

Even in my clumsy hands.

What I have been mulling over is an "All-Colt" range day:

1911
Official Police .38 special
Official Police .22LR
Colt Jr. (.25 ACP)

If I only had a rifle... ;)

BobG said...

"Dunno who would be carrying a .22LR six-shooter, but there you go..."

Actually, it is a nice gun to carry when out in the field and rabbits are plentiful. During deer season (when I was rifle hunting)I used to carry a 22 for snowshoe rabbits; they made a good dinner if you didn't run across a deer.

TOTWTYTR said...

That's a C&R? Wow, just wow. I have to expand my C&R horizon.

Gary

NotClauswitz said...

I carried one, well a S&W K-22 anyhow, for about a week up in the NorCal Trinity Alps Wilderness Area. Probably wasn't suposed to - who knows, who knew? We were gold-mining, that was probably not-supposed-to also.