Friday, September 21, 2007

Same As It... Ever Was

Man... There has got to be something in the water these days...

*Followed a MA DPW dumptruck (What's yellow and sleeps 6?) for several miles at 15 - 20 MPH below the speed limit. Complete with seven or eight epileptic-seizure-inducing flashing yellow LED lights (newsflash - if they can't see your 22,000 pound dumptruck, they're not going to see a 3"X5" flashing yellow light). Now, I understand that it's in your self-interest to get to your destination as slowly as possible, thereby delaying any actual or theoretical work you will do. So, in the interest of helping you waste my tax dollars further, here's a hint: pull the fuck over and let the parade of cars behind you pass you. Asshole. Not only did you waste my tax dollars, but I was late to work to earn more of them. Gah.

The sad part is, this wasn't the worst I encountered this morning:

*Come around a corner on the small, curving back road I travel every day to get to work, and there's a Chevy Suburbanator in the road.

Stopped.

Completely.

I roll up behind it, and am about to hop out to see if I can help with something, when I catch a glimpse of the driver in the side view mirror. She's yakking away on her cell phone, completely oblivious to the fact that she is STOPPED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING ROAD. I give a quick tap to the horn.

Nothing.

I start backing up the truck to go around this ignorant cum-burping blow pig, and just as I lean on the horn for the pass, the 'Burban lurches out into traffic.

And then she proceeds to pull into a driveway not 100 feet down the road. This stupid fucking bint stopped in the middle of the road just before her damn house.

BTW, the windows were rolled down. She's going to have to explain to her kids what those words were...

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the leather straps...

That is all.

1 comment:

Strings said...

I firmly believe that quad .50s should be optional equipment on any cage. Just sayin'...