Tuesday, October 30, 2007

WTF?

Did I miss a memo or something? Was today National Stupid Day?

I mean, sure, anyone could have missed the stop sign. It's only been there for years. It's only large, octagonal, and BRIGHT FUCKING RED.

And then... You know what I like? I like being tailgated. I like it when some inconsiderate yuppie asshole in a BMW is more interested in his phone conversation than with paying attention to where the fuck he's going. The only way it could get any better would be if some soccer mom in an SUV would drive so fucking close to my rear end that we actually produce a Ram-Expedition love-child bastard SUV truck. I'm thinking it would look like a Rampage or Courier...

It's got to be everyone falling back to earth, hard, after the Red Sox won the World Series. Everyone was all happy yesterday, but today they realize that, hey, it's just a sports team and their win has little practical application in my own life...

That is all.

2 comments:

Christine G. said...

my friend scott was driving down the road one day in rockport or gloucester and he was hit head on by a guy coming out of a side street. The guy made a wide right directly into his lane and nailed him.

There was NO stop sign at the side street, and so the cop didn't write the guy a ticket.

"but... but he crossed into my lane, and he didn't stop there. Why isn't there a stop sign there?"

"We can't put stop signs everywhere there SHOULD be stop signs... just because you think there should be one." says mister police man.

I think that man and that cop founded national stupid day. Glad to see the traditions live on.

Now, for fun... come up to my neighborhood and sit and watch what happens at the intersection of Washington and Salem Streets on a daily fucking basis. You'll love it. again... we can't put a stop sign everywhere there SHOULD be a stop sign, just because i think there should be one.

Jay G said...

I had a very similar incident happen to me over 11 years ago (coincidentally, 4 DAYS before my wedding). Young kid (17) comes flying out of a side street, not realizing that it empties out onto a state highway. I was on said state highway.

Kid t-bones me. Direct hit amidships. Driver's side door. Crushed it in about 6". Put me in physical therapy for ~ six months.

The stop sign had fallen down at the side street, so there was no ticket issued. Complete and utter disregard for the right-of-way? Ignored. Speeding? Ignored. Not a single moving violation.

And I drive through that intersection every single weekday... I'm probably one of the people you're complaining about... :)