Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Crap, Crap, CRAAAAAAP...

Thompson drops out of GOP presidential race
NAPLES, Fla. - Former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson quit the Republican presidential race on Tuesday, after a string of poor finishes in early primary and caucus states.

"I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort," Thompson said. "Jeri and I will always be grateful for the encouragement and friendship of so many wonderful people."

Thompson's fate was sealed last Saturday in the South Carolina primary, when he finished third in a state that he had said he needed to win.

Dammit. There goes the last chance I have of actually voting FOR a Presidential candidate rather than against the other one...

I think I'm gonna write in Cthulhu in November. Why vote for the lesser of two evils?

7 comments:

Rustmeister said...

I already have your bumper sticker.

http://rustmeister.blogspot.com/2008/01/if-fred-drops-out.html

Anonymous said...

This is so disappointing. Can I hope he could at least be VP? Please?

N/A said...

You don't have to write it in. Hillary's already running.

RW said...

Oh, lord, we're going to be left choosing between McCain and Romney, aren't we?

I won't just hold my nose, I'll probably throw up in my mouth a bit when I pull that lever.

Why couldn't Fred have run a competent campaign?

doubletrouble said...

Heh.

Great minds & all that.

Check the title of my post...

breda said...

LOL - we had the exact same reaction.

dr mac said...

Damn, I feel the same way kid.