Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Long Ball...

My man Bruce hits one out of the fucking park.

Every single word is gold, so read the whole thing. I'll excerpt Bruce's closing lines, though, because of the sheer elegance of his wordsmithing:
When rights are so severely restricted, or doled out only to the privileged classes, by a government so distrusting of its citizens, liberty and freedom are lost.

And, under no circumstances, whatsoever, can such a system or rules and regulations be deemed "reasonable" in a free society.

Huzzah, Bruce. Huzzah.

Now let's go shootin'.

That is all.

4 comments:

Bruce said...

I had the one rattling around in my head for a while, but after watching the first three episodes of John Adams on HBO, the words came flowing out like a chill cook-off judge OD'ing on Metamucil.

Jay G said...

Now THERE is a mental image I didn't really need...

Bruce said...

Hey, I'm not the one who crapped my pants, and then wrote about it on his blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Marooned, huh? First visit here, I have my own desert isle in the Seattle area, fortunately the surrounding sea of Washington has a refuge for me.