Thursday, March 6, 2008

Pissed Off...

Watching the news this morning during my workout, they had a "story" about the Swiss Mini-gun. This is an old story, resurrected recently for no good reason (except, perhaps, for more PSH to get us to vote for an avowed gun-grabber like Hillary! or Obamessiah... {/tinfoil hat})

What really frosted my ass, though, was the talkinghead's assertion that this was something only a criminal would be interested in. It was in the context of the gun not being able to be imported (too small, AAMOF), and the comment was along the lines of "Bad news for criminals, this gun can't be imported."

First off, the fucking thing costs over $6 grand (listed as 6500 swiss francs, one US$ = 1.03 swiss francs). Secondly, it's a 2.2 mm bullet. Put this in perspective - it's less than half the size of a .22LR caliber bullet in diameter, with far less power. They claim it is capable of killing, but it's along the lines of Legos - yeah, if one got lodged in your windpipe just right you could choke to death on it.

Quite frankly, the ONLY people would might be interested in this gun were it importable would be very rich collectors - the same folks that legally own machine guns, frex.

"Bad news for criminals". Fuck you.

That is all.

4 comments:

SpeakerTweaker said...

Okay, I guess I'm of a criminal mindset.

Because when I see this little thing (minus the pricetag. Holy SHITE!), I can think of only one word.

WANT!



tweaker

Weer'd Beard said...

This monstrocity on youtube yet? A bunch of bloggers are talking about it, but I want to see!

Jay G said...

Tweaker,

It'd be a neat conversation piece, but even if it were cheap, the ammo ain't... And reloading 2.2mm ammo would be a stone-cast beeyotch...

Weer'd,

It was on WBZ4 news yesterday morning. I took a quick look at their website yesterday when I put up this post but couldn't find anything.

Bruce said...

Yeah, I can see the guys from Gangbangers Local 85 lining up to buy one.

PSH*10^99