Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Going To Hell...

So I'm watching the news this morning, and one of the main stories is about Pope Benedict's first US trip. Obviously, they can't let more than 5 second pass without mentioning the abuse scandal, and how the Pope wasn't stopping in Boston, blah blah blah.

Then, with apparently not a second thought to the art of the segue, the newschippy bubbles that "and today is the Pope's 81st birthday. I wonder how the Pope celebrates?"

I couldn't resist. It just blurted right out of my wordhole:
I dunno. Maybe they have an altar boy jump out of a cake.

I am so totally going to hell for that bit. I'm in a souped-up Camaro with a flame job on the highway to hell...

That is all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh man. That is so wrong and well beyond tasteless (depending on the cake).

Yet I find myself giggling.

See you in hell!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry. Bill Mahr will be there waiting for you when you get there. I assume you have seen his comments.

Anonymous said...

buck -- Well, duh. Otherwise it wouldn't be hell. :)

Lissa

Comrade Misfit said...

I am so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that! Too funny!