Friday, June 27, 2008

Northeast Blogger Meet II: Meat, Greet, and Skeet

I started putting up an update to the update here and realized it was its own post...

We have updates to the update. First off, the range is confirmed. Location to be divulged via e-mail (so if I don't have your e-mail, shoot me one through my profile).






The range owner has the following requests:

1. The four rules be obeyed at all times while shooting (of course);

2. All shooting must be contained to the actual backstop of the range (will be apparent at the range), skeet/trap excepted (light target birdshot);

3. Any and all adult beverages be consumed long after the guns are put away (once again, of course).

Breaking any of these requests will be grounds for immediate dismissal from the premises, as well as earning my undying enmity. I can't imagine it being an issue.






Marko, Liisa, and TOTWTYTR will be attending, bringing the total so far to nine.

Several commenters have expressed interest. At this point there's eight people going; the range can only accomodate ~ a dozen folks. Future interests and updates will indicate if there is room for expansion.






As for food, we can run it one of two ways: Pot luck style, where everybody brings something of interest, or send-out to a local sub shop. Sending out has the added advantage of easier clean up and less prep time (which means more shootin' time...)

Please bring your own chairs/tables/etc. I'll be bringing my camping table and some folding camp chairs, but there will be no formal accomodations.

That is (most certainly not) all.

9 comments:

JD said...

Although I am fine with either I like the sub shop idea. . . more time for talk and targets and less time cleaning up. Not to mention no worry of how to get the food there. . .

Just my $.02

Ambulance Driver said...

Don't forget TOTWTYTR. He'd probably enjoy it, and be able to tell some embarassing AD stories.

Jay G said...

JD,

I'm leaning the same way, for the same reasons, actually. While it would be great for us all to bring up our favorite marinated mammal flesh to char over a flame, it would also be great to spend more time flinging lead downrange.

Especially with yesterday's decision to celebrate... :)

AD,

He got a personal e-mail inviting him to this shindig.

I don't suppose you have frequent flier miles you could use... *g*

Anonymous said...

Throw in my hat for the sub shop thing. Not exactly a stroll down main street for me, I'll be heading down from up above those purdy White Mountains in NH. Anything to keep it easy ...

MedicMatthew said...

Hey, I won't be back in time for this summer, but should there be one after September count me in! I'm moving back to Maine in about 8 weeks

Anonymous said...

Oo oo, if we're not going to grill meat, can we burn paper? I volunteer to print out a bunch of gun control literature and some lighter fluid. And marshmallows.

Jay G said...

Liberty,

After talking with the range owner this afternoon, we're pretty much decided on ordering out for lunch. Minimal prep time, more trigger time, less mess.

Matthew,

Dunno if there will be another one this year, but certainly next year. Welcome back to crazy New England!

Lissa,

Why burn it when you can shoot it? 00 buckshot does a number on paper... *g*

In fact, I seem to remember plain ol' birdshot doing wonders for a printed UN flag...

(hey... Now THERE's an idea for a target... Anyone want to order up a 3'X5' UN flag to donate???)

Bruce said...

Did someone say targets?

Bruce said...

Just picked up 100 rounds each of .380 and #8. That'll get us started, anyway.