Monday, July 28, 2008

The "Joys" of Parenthood...

Marko had his own moment of parental fun earlier today.

I got mine tonight. Little Miss Princess G., incensed that her brother got to stay up a whopping 30 minutes later than she did (because he's older and wasn't claiming to be tired to be excused from dinner), had an "accident" in her bed.

While awake.

Oh yes, this does not go over well. Punitive bed-wetting does not goes over well in the G. household (remember, my son thinks I am, and I quote, "Too harsh"). Her bed was field-stripped, new sheets (non-character, natch) put on, and stuffed animals taken away inside of two minutes. Her attempt to stall bedtime lost her stuffed animals and gained her a couple of minutes only.

You don't mess with Daddy. He'll be the first one to step up and defend you when you are in the right. But he'll come down like a ton of bricks when you're in the wrong...

That is all.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love my children dearly...but there are those days when I find myself thinking--just for a second, mind you--that I should have gotten that vasectomy a little earlier. Like, in 1995.

Borepatch said...

Just wait untilshe's dating some punk you don't approve of ....

Jay G said...

Marko,

I keep thinking of Calvin's dad and the daschung, m'self...

(And I'm allergic to animals!)

Ted,

That's the easy part...

Weer'd Beard said...

"accident"? Nope that sounds like a negligent discharge!

I'm sure it wasn't fun, but sounds like you handled it well.

She's a smart kid, she'll get the point PDQ!