Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Since We're On the Subject...

...of scooters, I just want to get out a hearty "fuck you" to the asswipe on the crotch rocket who passed me this morning.

Y'see, I was sitting in line in traffic, like the cagers, when he came roaring up between the two lanes (lane-splitting is not allowed in MA, and I don't think it's legal anywhere as a way to avoid sitting in traffic at traffic lights).

Light turned green, he nails the throttle and takes off at high speed, his bike whining in protest the whole way.

Whole scene couldn't have taken more than 10 seconds, tops, 15 if you count the amount of time spent waiting for the light.

And in those 10 seconds, probably 50 people got an unfavorable impression of motorcycle riders. I was tainted by association. Because this inconsiderate piece of shit felt he didn't have to wait, a whole mess 'o' people are going to paint all motorcyclists with his shitty brush.

Here's hoping you come up on a garbage truck going too fast, asshole. While your death would certainly be too quickly (and far too painless) for my liking, it's better that we get you the fuck out of the gene- and motorcycling- pool as quick as possible.

In short, fuck off and die, asshole.

That is all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jay, you've got to stop sugar coating your feelings like this; just tell us how you really feel, without holding back.

However, I couldn't agree with you more. We have some of that guy's brothers riding up in the north country too.

JD said...

I always referred to it as white lining since they ride the line. . . The part that pisses me off is that I can't see him coming in my car/truck and may hit him when I try to legally change lanes. I don't want that on my conscience that I hurt or killed someone even if it was a Darwin moment. . . . And for full disclosure I don't ride a bike but I have no problem with folks that do (like a few of my family members) as long as they follow the rules. Heck, I am know for leaving them plenty of room - probably that fear of guilt if I hit them thing again. . .

breda said...

"And in those 10 seconds, probably 50 people got an unfavorable impression of motorcycle riders."

Only those people who wrongly assume that those metrosexual, pansy-ass crotch rockets are motorcycles.

(no offense to pansy-ass metrosexuals)

Anonymous said...

Not to worry Jay, if we were that impressionable I'd have taken a baseball bat to every bicyclist within range several months ago. I routinely come within inches of getting plowed by asshole bicycle-messengers whipping through traffic and redlights in downtown Boston.

On the brighter side, my friend Tom has a great story about one of these messengers trying to whiz under his truck side-mirror . . . only to snag the message-tube sticking out of his backpack and do a complete flip. Heh :)

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

That's why I open the door to dump the ice out of my empty soda cup at red lights. Juuuuuuuuuust in case...