Friday, September 26, 2008

Random Rambling...

*Picked up the replacement laptop last night. Got it home, set up, and working just fine. Now it's the waiting game to see if the USB ports on this one get pooched or not...

*On the ride to Best Buy, I apparently took a side-trip through Darwin's Waiting Room. There was some imbecile dressed in black walking his dog - with no reflectors, flashlights, or any other means of letting the motoring public that Joe Stupid was walking in the dark. There was a pair of bicyclists riding down the middle (!!!) of the winding, unlit backroad with little blinking taillights and helmet head lamps.

*Some poser in a Civic ricer-wannabe pulled up next to me at the lights on the 495 Connector. It's a straight shot to 495 with a speed limit of 55 MPH and no place for Johnny Law to hide. So Rico Suavé pulls up next to me and starts revving his go-kart engine, complete with coffee can muffler. Naturally, I give the hemi a goose... Light turns green, I get the truck sideways, then take off for Canada... I can hit triple digits in no time, come to find out... Ah, yes, some things never change...

*Yesterday was a banner day here at MArooned - over 700 hits, our best day yet. Thanks to everyone who stopped by my little corner of the 'web, and a special thanks to SayUncle for the linky-love.

*And speaking of banner events, it looks like we might break 100 posts this month. That's a lot of my blathering in 30 days. I'm going to have to think of something nice to do for y'all for putting up with me...

That is all.

5 comments:

JD said...

700!!!

Wow. . . .

I'm lucky to get 20 a day. . . You must be doing something right!


Congrats!

MedicMatthew said...

"Naturally, I give the hemi a goose... Light turns green, I get the truck sideways, then take off for Canada... I can hit triple digits in no time, come to find out..."

Heh, Jay, I knew there was a reason I liked you :)

Cowboy Blob said...

Congrats on the traffic!

Occasionally I take the Stang out for a leisurely spin (It's my recreational vehicle, donchaknow?). Some punk in a dustbuster Ricer almost always shows up and forces me to humiliate him. When will the children LEARN?

Anonymous said...

Ain't no replacement for cubes.
emdfl

Jay G said...

I've always heard it as "There's no replacement for displacement"...

Heh.

Nothing like spanking a "Fast & Furious" wanna-be with a four-door pickup truck dadmobile...