Monday, September 29, 2008

Way To Go Dad!!!

Home Invader Dies In Struggle With Father Of Intended Victim

INDIANAPOLIS -- A man who police said broke into a home with the intention of sexually assault a 17-year-old girl in her bedroom died early Sunday morning after a struggle with the girl's father.

David Meyers, 52, was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after officers arrived following a report of a home invasion in the 3500 block of West 79th Street at about 3:20 a.m.

Officers said they found Robert McNally, 64, on the floor with his arm around the neck of Meyers, struggling to hold him down.


Dude was found with "his arm around the neck of Meyers" - he put him in a headlock and choked the sonofabitch to death. That's hard-fucking-core right there.

I can't help but wonder about my own reaction in this sort of case. Wake up in the middle of the night to my daughter screaming... I'd like to think I'd have the presence of mind to call 911 and grab a firearm. But I'm wondering if the primeval "OOG SMASH" portion of my brain would kick in and I'd break down the door in a true fit of Hulk-like Dad rage.

In which case, choking the motherfucker out in a headlock would probably be the most civilized option I could think of. Tossing him out the window, landing on his stunned carcass from the second floor, then proceeding to auger him into the ground like a fence-post would most likely be the true path...

Kudos to you, Mr. McNally. You rescued your little girl from a monster and rid the planet of a depraved sexual predator in one motion. Here's hoping you don't lose one second of sleep thinking about the scumbag you were forced to put down...

(And on a side note: Imagine being the next poor bastard who wants to date this girl knowing that her father killed a man with his bare hands rather than let harm befall her...)

That is all.

10 comments:

Bob G. said...

Hey, I'm originally from philly, and having lived in fort Wayne IN for the last decade, I can truthfully say....
"Them Hoosiers know to mete out justice when they HAVE to!"

Leave it to a guy named Bob, eh?

;)

breda said...

well, at least choking someone to death is less messy than perforating them.

Anonymous said...

Dad of the Year!

I'm thinking the cops got there before Our Hero finished twisting the goblin's head off, and defecating down the guy's neck....

County Coroner: "What do we have here?"

Meat Wagon Driver:"It's a wierd one boss..... This guy has been decapitated, and there seems to be fecal matter filling his chest cavity......."

Weer'd Beard said...

"Imagine being the next poor bastard who wants to date this girl knowing that her father killed a man with his bare hands rather than let harm befall her..."

Quote of the day right there! LOL!

Unknown said...

I could see it going down like this...

"9-1-1 operator, how can we assist you?"

"Um, some guy broke into our house and tried to rape my daughter."

"Is he still there sir?"

"Sort of..."

"What does that mean sir"

"There are pieces of him still here...a few fingers in the bedroom, his balls in the hallway, a hand on the stairwell. Oh and a leg in the doorway? The rest of him is probably somewhere between the yard and the next block."

Anonymous said...

Jay,

Maybe you could find his address and ship him a "Dad with pretty daughters" t-shirt.

I'd chip in to pay. Man deserves at least that much

Unknown said...

Jay, I posted on this story today too, but I had a little different take on it. The report I read had the bad guy climbing through a window naked with a bunch of rapist equipment, knife, rope, condoms and a gag, I think it was. How exactly does one do that? Did you ever try climbing through a window with one hand? Then the story said that the 64-year-old dad killed the ten-year younger would-be rapist with his bare hands. Does that sound likely to you? Did you see the perps picture? He'd done 10 years in a state joint as a sex offender. Do you know how tough you have to be to do that?

I don't know what really happened, but for me that story is bullshit.

Nevertheless, it brings up some good questions about home protection, about what we would do to protect our kids, about letting sex-offenders out of jail, etc.

Jay G said...

Mike,

I'm always more than a little suspect about pretty much any report in the media.

(Probably because I've seen them report on fully automatic single shot revolvers once too often...)

Report I saw just said the dude was naked in the room. Either way, he was up to no good.

As far as how far do we go to protect our kids? Three words:

Run to slidelock

That is all.

Anonymous said...

Kudos to the gentleman who survived his ordeal with the bad guy.

Funny story - I was napping in the bedroom nearest the front door recently, having gone to sleep knowing my wife and daughter were asleep in other, separate rooms. I woke up to what I thought were angry male voices in the front hallway.

I found myself headed into the hallway seconds later with a Mosin-Nagant 91/30 bayonet held hidden behind my back, grabbed from atop the unlocked gun cabinet where among other things a shotgun and shotshells are stored.

Fortunately, the noise that woke me was from our two dogs, let in by my wife after she awoke from her nap. To me, asleep, their playful growls sure sounded like angry male voices. This is why I don't keep a loaded weapon near where I sleep - I wake up slowly, badly, and not knowing what is going on around me. It is also apparently why, at some subconscious level, I decided to keep the bayonets separated from the milsurp rifles.

After the fact. I realized that while I could have armed myself better, I had not armed myself too badly.

Rick L said...

mikeb302000 said...
Jay, I posted on this story today too, but I had a little different take on it. The report I read had the bad guy climbing through a window naked with a bunch of rapist equipment, knife, rope, condoms and a gag, I think it was. How exactly does one do that?

Backpack?

I'm not saying that's how he did it, because I don't know. But I am saying that in about two seconds I could figure out one way that would make it work.