Thursday, November 13, 2008

Can't... Resist... Snark... Too... Great...


DALLAS — The pastor of a mega-church says he will challenge married congregants during his sermon Sunday to have sex for seven straight days — and he plans to practice what he preaches.

"We're going to give it a try," said the Rev. Ed Young, who has four children with his wife of 26 years.

Young, 47, said he believes society promotes promiscuity and he wants to reclaim sex for married couples. Sex should be a nurturing, spiritual act that strengthens marriages, he said.

This dude wants married couples to have sex once a day for seven days straight. The first thing I thought of was, but what would we do the rest of the year, then?

That is all.

8 comments:

JD said...

all I can say is I hope your wife does not read your blog. . . .

= )

Anonymous said...

Well, atleast he didn't say seven times a day for seven days. :P

R.B.

Jay G said...

JD,

I think I've mentioned that Mrs. G. doesn't believe in sex after marriage...

R.B.,

That'd be just as likely to happen as every day...

Sabra said...

There was a story circulating in the women's magazines a while ago about a woman who made a pact with her husband to have sex every day for a year.

So methinks the pastor's low-balling it.

Jay G said...

Well, I guess we're doing our part to keep the average down then...

Unknown said...

It's harder than you think...(even with a sexy wife)

But he's not the first, there was another guy calling for 30 days of marital sex!!!

Anonymous said...

Funny how the mind works...

I read this:

"But he's not the first, there was another guy calling for 30 days of marital sex!!!"

And I though you typed MARTIAL sex....

I was wondering if that meant doing it to John Phillip Susa music or just with your combat boots on:)

Anonymous said...

And I though you typed MARTIAL sex....

"I was wondering if that meant doing it to John Phillip Susa music"

It don't get any kinkier than having a frakkin marching band in the room....