Thursday, November 27, 2008

Hmmm...

Got a line on a Bushmaster Competition AR-15 off the Northeastshooters classifieds. Price looks to be reasonable, gun looks clean from the pictures, not too terribly complicated for my first foray into the world of the AR-15.

It's a good thing, too, because I've already committed to five pre-ban 20-round magazines...

Thoughts? Opinions? The price looks damn good to my uninformed eye, especially given the recent, ahem, run on anything even remotely resembling an EBR these days... I know some folks have had bad experiences with Bushmaster (from comments to my EBR bleg earlier this month); I'm not completely happy with supporting a company willing to pull out of the US and moving to China, but this is an in-hand rifle and all...

That is all.

6 comments:

Borepatch said...

Manchester Firing Line had a bunch, as of a week ago. They don't seem to be selling quite like the hotcakes that folks have been talking about.

Then again, what the heck do I know? Still, it was impressive seeing a whole rack of EBRs.

aughtSix said...

Daggum it. Blogger ate my (rather long) comment. The short version, good gun. The trigger is pretty good, except that sometimes, the second stage disappears. For a target gun where that could cost you a match, it's bad. (If you take up high power some time, replace the trigger) But, it's a very adequate plinker trigger, and otherwise a pretty good gun.

angus lincoln said...

I have one similar to that model. Mine has a 20" h-bar barrel, flash hider and lug for a bayonet. I paid $750 for it a year ago, very lightly used. I've had no problems with it and I've been very satisfied with it.However, I haven't exactly used it in a stressful manner except for the release of stress; in that regard, it's more effective than any therapist could be.

Jay G said...

Sadly, it has already been sold.

Oh well, back to square one...

dr mac said...

They are going like hotcakes.

I bought two in the past month. One is going back to the shop to recieve its new holographic sighting system today.

Yahoo !

Anonymous said...

If you took a 2" diameter piece of PVC and painted it black, you could probably get $500 for it.

PSH: CMMG is over 15k rifles behind. DPMS is over 25k behind.

My guy is getting a few dozen complete lowers due in next week. But heck, finding parts to complete them is getting to be a challenge. Lower parts kits are vaporware, and barrels are sparse.