Monday, November 17, 2008

Okay, I'll Play...

Epijunky has tagged me with a award. I'm speechless! (Aw, hell, those of you who know me know that's not possible...)




Here are the rules according to Epi:
Pass it on to five other bloggers, and tell them to open the nearest book to page 56. Write out the fifth sentence on that page, and also the next two to five sentences. The CLOSEST BOOK, NOT YOUR FAVORITE, OR MOST INTELLECTUAL!

Well, let's see... Books... Books... Uh... there's about 5,000 gun magazines in the office, but where's the nearest book... (Oh who the hell am I kidding? There's about 8 or 9 hundred books in the office...) Here goes:
In other words, we weren't allowed overtime. Come 6:18 PM, we had to pull the plug and get off the set, whether the scene was filmed or not - and tomorrow's schedule didn't allow for us to come back and finish it!
To emphasize that fact, Roddenberry and two or three production assistants wandered out onto the set - letting us know by their silent, ominous presences that they were watching the clock.
We had just enough time for one take - so it had to go perfectly!


If you know where this came from, you're as big a geek as I am...



So, five people to pass this along to... Let's see:

My blogson, Ted. While I fear it may be a computer manual of some sort, it might be something from his private stash...

Lissa, because I have a feeling whatever she has close by is absolutely fabulous.

Amusings, because she was all verklempt when I missed her for the last award. :)

Brigid, because no matter what it is she'll write it up wonderfully.

And lastly, Robb, just because.





That is all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's mine:


Jorge Medina was shaking his head, his mouth pressed tight shut, looking frightened.

Farragut said, "It's thin, Cal. If they see Valerius at Daedalus Station, we won't be the ones doing the grabbing back. I wish I could try it. I think I want it too much. [...]"


I know, I know: "SCI-FI can read? Who knew?" And it's not even a comic book.

Jay G said...

Dude, you're like one of the smartest people I know.

I'm surprised you need to actually look at a book to read it; I figured your brain could just vacuum the words right out...

Epijunky said...

Aww Hell Jay G. You made my day.

I'll be completely honest. I have no idea what book you're reading. I don't have it in me to google the quote and hope for the best. Although given the names mentioned I could venture a guess :)

Thanks for playing :)

Anonymous said...

It's true, I've been compared to great thinkers of our times - such as Marcus Brody of the Indiana Jones movies ("Got lost in his own museum?") :)

In full disclosure, while my book was not a comic book, it did have crayon smeared in it. (Perils of fatherhood -- good books get caught in the crossfire when children need to show you their art.)