Friday, December 26, 2008

Friday Gun Pr0n #91: 2008 in Review

Here's something I did at the end of last year that I particularly enjoyed. It's a recap of the year's firearms acquisitions for the last Friday of the year. So, presenting in chronological order, the firearms that were added to the G. armory in 2008:

The first new acquisition of the year was my Sig P226:


Followed very shortly thereafter by the Colt Lawman Mark III:



Several months passed before I added the Remington model 572 Fieldmaster:

My first Glock, the G30:

Then a new (to me) SKS:

The Mossberg 590:

And, last but not least, my first AR-15 variant, the Bushmaster XM15-E2S



Hmm. Seven new guns over the course of the year. And one gun (S&W model 10) was sold, for a net gain of six firearms. I'm going to have to seriously ramp up the acquisitions if I'm going to meet the tough new one-gun-a-month law...

That is all.

4 comments:

dr mac said...

Would that be one every thirty days or one every calender month ?

I did 4 in thirty days so I guess it doesn't matter. You got me beat on the annual total. Wait, there are still 4 days left !

Jay G said...

I'm pretty sure the proposed rule is one per calendar month.

If it passes, look for a lot of Mosin-Nagant acquisitions here...

Because you can bet I will buy one gun per month...

NotClauswitz said...

This year my only gun purchase was a lower on which I built my Ninjarifficblaster - the Noveske N4.
My New Year's resolution for the upcoming year is to find employment.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

That's a WHOLE lotta SIG mags. Makes me feel a bit inadequate with only 6...