Thursday, December 4, 2008

GO. READ. NOW.

To any of my readers out there who don't read Tam religiously (or even secularly), go read this post right now.

Then read it again.

Then print it out and mail it to yourself so you can read it next week.

No excerpts, because the whole damn thing is that good.

The only thing I can add is, buy a P3AT or LCP. Either gun is small enough to conceal pretty much anywhere, and both offer 6+1 rounds of .380 ACP marginalness in a package that weighs less than most cell phones...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are going to carry a gun, you may as well carry an effective one. I can't see a little .32 nostril gun being much good in a situation like this:

http://joemerchant24.blogspot.com/2007/12/update-on-firsthand-account.html

True, it would be better than dirty looks and harsh words.... just sayin', is all.......

red said...

Even a lowly .22 is better than nothing but always carry the largest caliber you're comfortable with!

There are only two places I don't carry, my work and my place of worship. Do you carry at your church?

Jay G said...

jimbob,

The P3AT is a .380ACP. Not ideal, certainly, but better than a .32 IMHO.

There's a story out there about a pawn shop owner attacked with a samurai sword who dispatched his assailant with a Beretta .25, so anything is possible.

red,

I wholeheartedly agree. At the very least, a .22LR lets your would-be assailant know you're armed and you have the mindset to kill. That's something.

The only time I am not carrying a firearm is @ work. There are no specific prohibitions against it, but this is MA, and I don't want to lose my job.

As for Church, well, let's just say there's no specific prohibitions there, either...