Monday, December 29, 2008

Note to Comcast.net Mail...

UR doin it rong.

Your "Save as Draft" feature has apparently gotten its little wires crossed with the "Fling into deep space without saving" feature.

It's really a humungous pain in the ass to write a rather lengthy reply to an e-mail, run into time constraints and try to "save" it using the tools Comcast itself put online, only to return later to a completely blank draft with incomprehensible "attachments" that cannot be accessed. In the words of H&K Customer Service, you suck and we hate you. Fixplskthanxbai!

That is all.

4 comments:

Mike W. said...

yup, that sounds like Comcast all right....

Anonymous said...

Jay, this experience is what some folks call "A Clue" and others refer to as "A Hint." Whatever you call it, I think Karma is gently suggesting you should be using an offline email client program.

Being a suspicious s.o.b., I never trust any online program any farther than I absolutely have to. If it don't run on my own computer, off my own hard disk, I'll do without it, thenkyewverramuch.

Jay G said...

Heh. Fortunately, I've been through this before, so before I closed the e-mail I saved the text to the hard drive...

Andrew said...

I know that they bite the big one, and I know that they are commies and I know that storing my mail "in the cloud" is A Really Bad Idea, but Gmail is one fucking GREAT email client.