Monday, January 19, 2009

More "You Might Be A Gun Nut"...

If your neighbor stops his car at the end of your driveway, motions you over, and says,

"I know you know how to get guns"

You might be a gun nut.

He's looking to buy an M1A and was asking advice. I counseled him to go to Bruce's good friend Gene at State Line Guns in NH. He hadn't realized he could have a NH dealer order him a new rifle. As I explained, they can transfer a long arm from a NH dealer to a MA resident so long as the long arm does not run afoul of the MA AWB. And I want to shoot it...

That is all.

5 comments:

MauserMedic said...

Inciting the peasantry to take up arms......tsk tsk.

Feels good though.

Old NFO said...

hehehe- Don't forget CMP, they are always available and do home delivery WITHOUT going through an FFL.

http://odcmp.com/

Sigboy said...

Did he also look over his shoulder and whisper as he asked?

Jay G said...

MauserMedic,

It's even worse than that. I will be taking one new shooter and one returning shooter to the range this Saturday.

And this morning, at the gas station, I got the guy in the Chevy truck with the Browning logo sticker to think about joining GOAL (MA gun owners association)...

Oh yeah, I'm on a list or two...

Old NFO,

CMP has M1As? SWEET! He wanted a new rifle, so I don't think that's the way he wants to go, but I will look into it... ;)

Sigboy,

Being from MA, I should point out that he *is* a licensed gun owner (I took him and his wife to the range a couple years back as my first "new shooter report" here @ MArooned)...

Anonymous said...

The only CMP M14s are a legal nightmare because BATF has a "once a machine gun always a machine gun" rule.

I had a TRW M14NM through CMP... and while I figured I was right, I wouldn't want to spend time behind bars while proclaiming how silly BATF is.

Course, now that I am in FreeState, USA, I wish I still had it as it would be no problem to paperwork as a legal MG.