Saturday, January 3, 2009

Too Good Not to Share...

Okay, so I'm sending in a Firearms Transfer Form (watch this space on Friday!) to the Criminal History Systems Board, which is responsible for processing and storing all Transfer Forms in MA. We're actually permitted to transfer firearms to other licensed MA gun owners without involving an FFL here in MA, which I suppose could qualify as an Evil Gunshow Loophole.

Except, of course, that if either of the two parties are not licensed MA gun owners, they'll both go to jail...

Anyhoo, I reach into the drawer for an envelope to mail the form in (you have seven days from the transfer, which was completed New Year's Eve) and come across one with a stamp already on it. Apparently Mrs. G. had rescued the stamp from the Christmas card we were going to send to her cousin in CA, as she was already sending a package out there as well.

In what can only be considered supreme irony, the stamp on the envelope that I am using to mail in my Firearms Transfer Form to the Criminal History Systems Board is a "Nutcracker" stamp...

That is all.

3 comments:

danno said...

Heh... I'm working through sheets of Star Wars stamps. I save the "evil" ones like Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Darth Maul, Storm Troopers and Boba Fett for such purposes!

Anonymous said...

For paperwork that has to get there in x number of days or I'm in legal hotwater, I always send it signature required, return receipt requested. Learned by experience. Nuff said.

Weer'd Beard said...

I wonder what it'll be....I can't wait until Friday ; ]