Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New Shooter Report

Sunday night, at the Northeast Blogger (and AD) Early Spring Meet-n-Eat, one of the attendees approached me and mentioned that he'd like to attend the shoot on Monday. He mentioned that he'd shot a couple of .22 rifles many years before, but that he hadn't shot a gun in probably two decades. He wanted to attend the shoot, but was reluctant to come without his own arsenal.

I felt he had been out of the shooting sports long enough to count as a new shooter, so I told him that I'd be more than happy to spot him any ammo he'd care to shoot. I had a hunch that the other shooters in the group would be more than happy to share as well, and was not proven incorrect. He traversed the shooting line, inspecting multitudinous shootie goodness, and wound up shooting pretty much everything we had to offer at least once or twice.

I'll let his own words in comments describe his experience:
Thank you, Jay. I wasn't kidding about needing a team of plastic surgeons to get the smile off my face. It was chilly, but in the end, that really didn't matter. Thanks for your (and all the others') generosity and hospitality. Now to get Herself more involved...

And he posts more about it on his own blog. Go. Read Scotaku's firsthand account of his re-introduction to shootie goodness.

That is all.

1 comment:

scotaku said...

Aw, Jay - and the rest of the NE bloggers - it was more than the shooting, you know. Y'all are some good people, intelligent, kind, hilarious and generous. I don't know when I'll be able to get out to the range again, but this inoculation should keep me hale for a while to come. I only wish I'd been able to stay long enough for the bayonet goodness that I saw on video. Man...

Thank you all, again.