Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Planning Ahead...

Given that range time is like gold (or ammo) these days, it behooves me to do a little bit of planning for future range sessions. I have to put the Hi-Power through its paces in an honest-to-goodness Range Report; I've got at least three new shooter outings coming up in the next couple of months; I need to sight in the new scope on the Bushmaster; and I need to shoot the Colt Frontier for a Range Report as well.

And at some point I should probably practice with some carry pieces as well...

It's one of the reasons I want to get .22LR conversion kits for my Gold Cup and my G30 - with the kits, I can shoot at night in the indoor range at my gun club (and for a fraction of the centerfire cost). If I can find a J-frame .22LR, I can bring that as well for a true carry gun training session (with the 1911 thrown in because, well, it's a 1911...).

I know I should be shooting more. I should be practicing the basics more; I should be practicing with my defensive arms more; ideally I'd love to get into one of the action pistol disciplines this year as well. Unfortunately, time is at an absolute premium for the foreseeable future, and I'm going to need to really keep my focus just to get to the range a couple times a month (which is far less than I'd like to be going).

I don't want to be known as "minute-of-berm" all my life, you know...

That is all.

No comments: