Saturday, May 23, 2009

Confirmed...

Just got off the phone with my latest victim next new shooter. He's still in; in fact, his exact words were "I cleared the entire day's schedule just in case"... Heh.

After lunch I'm going to round up some ordnance and load some magazines. Think I'll go with the standard rotation:

Smith & Wesson Model 17 .22LR revolver
Smith & Wesson Model 422 .22LR semi-automatic
Ruger Security Six .357 Magnum/.38 Special revolver
SigSauer 9mm semi-automatic

I'm also bringing a .22 LR rifle; I'm trying to decide if I want to bring the lever-action Marlin 39A or the pump-action Remington 572. I'm also trying to decide if I should bring the Colt New Frontier or not. I'm leaning towards leaving it home, simply because we're going to be hard-pressed to get all of our shooting goodness in as it is...

I think I'm gonna stick with the paper plates, though, as I don't want to embarass myself too much...

That is all.

7 comments:

Starik Igolkin said...

"I'm trying to decide if I want to bring the lever-action Marlin 39A or the pump-action Remington 572"

That one's easy - don't decide, bring both
:)

Jay G said...

I do believe I have the smartest readers in all the blogosphere...

jetfxr69 said...

LOL!! That was my first thought too, "Why choose?"

Jay G said...

Well, it's a matter of cleaning.

And then I realized, if I bring both and spread the .22LR goodness around, I can wipe 'em down and put 'em away... ;)

Old NFO said...

Go shoot and enjoy!!! :-)

Seth from Massachusetts said...

Another good item to bring would be an M1 Carbine if you have one. More oomph than a .22 but still very pleasant to shoot. A good and easy step up from .22's

Christina RN LMT said...

Hope you had fun, Jay! And brought another person over to the dark side...muahahahahahaha!