Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday Gun Pr0n #111

Today's pic is another in my "Guns 'N' Gear" series. It's interesting that this is number eleventy-one (*g*), as it's my go-to gun for when I can't carry a gun:

Kel-Tec P3AT

Just like Unc, Robb, and many others in the gun blogosphere, my P3AT is the gun to have when I can't really carry a firearm. Summertime carry, formal events, etc.; pretty much any time when concealment is a real concern, the P3AT is the one gun I can count on to be small and light enough to carry. Well, the NAA mini-22LR fits the bill as well, but I'll take 6+1 rounds of .380ACP in a DAO semi-auto over 5 rounds of .22LR in a SA revolver any day...

P3AT: a.k.a. Mighty Mouse...

That is all.

PS: Anyone know a good (read: cheap) place to get a Crimson Trace laser for it?

10 comments:

Peripatetic Engineer said...

PE says,

'Tis better to have a mouse gun than no gun at all!

Here endeth the lesson.

libertyman said...

Well a .380 is okay, it is just that no one has any .380 ammunition as we speak.

Jay G said...

PE,

That's my thinking. I figure once I get the laser sight for it, it'll be just about perfect.

libertyman,

Fortunately for me, I've got a good store of .380ACP ammo in the G. compound. Besides, I typically only shoot ~ 3 mags through the P3AT per range session, so a box of 100 is good for 4 sessions. I only shoot it a few times a year, too...

Jake (formerly Riposte3) said...

I love mine. The weight and slim profile mean it actually gets carried, and it's comfortable to carry.

Anonymous said...

And Crimson Trace makes a realyy slick laser for it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry didn't finish reading the whole thing. I think retail for the laser is ~$ 225. I got mine for quite a bit less. Send me an email if you are interested and I'll see if I can score a couple more. (I want to get one for the wife's gun as well.)

agg79 said...

I opted for the LCR over the P3AT. My brother has both. He orignally got the KelTec but had to get the Ruger when it came out. Long waiting list down here but I stumbled across one in a local Academy for a few under list. Nice piece, but doesn't shoot as nicely as my S&W.

James R. Rummel said...

You carry it loaded with a mix of standard ball and hollowpoints?

James

Jay G said...

James,

Actually, the ball ammo is a leftover mag from a range session. I only carry one back-up magazine, so I didn't see any reason to unload it and reload with JHPs for the shot...

Good eye!

Unknown said...

Ebay has the LCP laser (and probably the KelTec) for about $160.

And after the past weekend, the 3AT and LCP have earned new nicknames in my book as Phoenix bar guns.