Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday Gun Pr0n #119

Today's subject is something different. Radically different. This is a weapon that's primitive yet modern, outdated yet timeless, a throwback yet cool. It's deadly, has ammunition that can be reused, and is utterly silent save for the mechanism of action itself.

What could it be? None other than:

Crossbow!


Yep. The G. armory contains a crossbow.

I don't remember when I picked this up; it was pre-kid, that's about the only certainty. It's a generic, definitely entry-level crossbow, certainly nothing you'd hunt with or dare display at the local hunting lodge for fear of being laughed out of the building. It's basically the Hi-Point of crossbows, which for my purposes (general sticking of arrows into stacks of phone books) was more than sufficient for what I wanted.

Did I mention I have a crossbow?

That is all.

5 comments:

doubletrouble said...

Those things legal in the PRMA?

Anonymous said...

I
used to have one like that, many moons ago. It disappeared about the same time a housemate who always admired it moved out.

Rick in NY said...

Well Jay, while I don't have any of the "horizontally biased shoulder-stock equipped, trigger released, sharpened projectile launchers" I do want one. And if NY DEC keeps copying the PA DEC, in another year we may be able to legally use them to hunt with in NY.

Bob said...

Hey, regular guns work for zombies, but you have to have a crossbow for vampires.

zeeke42 said...

Crossbows are legal to own in MA, but you can't hunt with them unless you have a doctor's note. The doc has to sign off that you're not capable of drawing a regular bow. A member of my club took his first deer with one last year at an age of 80something.