Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Gun Pr0n #120

After seeing Stingray's latest acquisition, I just knew what today's gun pr0n had to be:

Lever guns!


From left: Marlin model 336RC, Marlin model 39A Golden, Ithaca Arms model M-49. The Ithaca's kinda cheating, because it's really a single-shot falling block, but it looks like a lever gun, so it counts IMHO.

These three rifles represent four generations in my family. The venerable .30-30 belonged to my grandfather, and he and my dad harvested much venison with that rifle. The model 39A is mine, acquired a few years back at the GOAL banquet as a low-cost training rifle for its big brother, who I hope to bring hunting someday. And the little Ithaca will be the first firearm TheBoy shoots - it's a single shot .22, so it'll be perfect to break him in on real shooting.

All I need is a coach gun and a Uberti Cattleman to complete the CAS set...

That is all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, you will need TWO revolvers. CAS is absolutely a blast. Don't wait. Respectfully, Baddog