Monday, July 6, 2009

This is the Luck I Have...

Crash Shuts Down I-95 In Newburyport
NEWBURYPORT (WBZ) ― At least five people were hurt in a crash involving a tanker truck and two cars that shut down Interstate 95 in Newburyport Monday.

The tanker was carrying 10,000 gallons of gasoline when it rolled over in the northbound lanes of I-95 near Exit 57-Route 113 around 9:15 a.m.

We were on I-95 at 9:20AM.

Yes, it took nearly an hour and a half to drive the 20 miles from the campground to our house. That is the kind of luck I generally have on vacation...

That is all.

6 comments:

Brad_in_MA said...

Jay,

At least you weren't riding the monorail when it crashed at the Walt Disney World Resort.

- Brad

.

OrangeNeck said...

Geez Jay, did you have to toss that banana peel onto the road in front of that truck??

Hope you had gas cans handy to help with the cleanup.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I call that good luck.
Bad luck would have been being there 5 minutes earlier.

ASM826 said...

Mopar said what I going to say. If I get to avoid bad accidents, I call it good luck.

Christine G. said...

yup. mopar beat me to it. i'm just glad you weren't under the tractor trailer...

somedays your the windshield, somedays you're the bug... but you never want to be whatever ends up smooshed by a BST.

glad you made it home ok.

and by the way -- you don't know all the super secret backroads between where you was and where you needed to be?

Jay G said...

Allow me to clarify. The rig was on the northbound side. I was on the southbound side.

Had I been five minutes sooner, I'd have seen it happen, perhaps...

And yes, amusings, I know all the backroads there (used to work @ Shaw's in NBPT, actually).

It's just that the highway is faster.

Usually.