Sunday, September 20, 2009

Drought... Ending?

Stopped into one of the many WallyWorlds I frequent in my normally fruitless quest for ammo. Except that yesterday, I walked over to sporting goods to find... ammo! They had several dozen boxes of 9mm, .38 Special, and .40 S&W. .380 ACP and .45 ACP were nowhere to be found, however; but even they even had bulk boxes of .223 Remington in stock.

Of course, getting someone over to open the counter involved some interesting measures (there's no truth to the rumor that a ribald message was sent over the store intercom at the unattended Sporting Goods desk...)

That is all.

9 comments:

libertyman said...

Which WalMart do you shop ? I NH, I'm guessing (immediate 6.25% savings!) . The one in Amherst near me has a dearth of ammo. I can't buy ammo in Mass anyway, but I wondered.

Jay G said...

Seabrook, Plaistow, Newington, Portsmouth, and Salem, mostly.

Plaistow has had the most ammo; Seabrook usually the least.

(You like the new header pic??? *g*)

Borepatch said...

Man, when I first saw the post title, I thought "Funny, Jay's married."

libertyman said...

Yes, that is a fine shot!

TOTWTYTR said...

I went to the one in Raynham, MA last week and found it just a little bit better than my previous trip in August. Still, better is better, so we can hope.

Now if only prices will come down from the ridiculous.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

What kind of prices?

Old NFO said...

I don't even bother with Wally World any more...sigh...

Brad_in_MA said...

Jay,

What kind of hoops, if any, do you jump through as a MA resident to buy ammo in NH? Curious minds want to know.

Jay G said...

T-Bolt,

The 9mm was $21 and change for the 100 round WWB. The .38 special was $15 for 50 rounds.

.38 Special WWB was $33; .40 S&W was about the same.

Prices are still very high.

And there was NO bulk .22LR to be had...

Brad,

As long as you're licensed in MA there's no trouble at all.

If you want, you can make a fuss if you're shooting in NH - technically, there's no permit required to buy in NH if you're shooting in NH.

Good luck using reason on a Wal-Mart employee, though...