Saturday, September 19, 2009

I Love This Town...

So I'm at my son's soccer game, talking with one of my Scout dads. I'm getting out my camera, and see the picture of the large coyote that sauntered through our backyard a few days ago. I point it out to the other dad, and he asks if I'd like to borrow his shotgun.

Heh.

I thanked him for the offer, and commented that it was rare, in this day and age in MA, to find another gun owner. We then spent a good half of the game talking about guns; about how to best acclimate your kids to your hobby (his boys are the same age as TheBoy and BabyGirl G); the ammo shortage; and how we need to get out shooting together. Turns out we even own a few of the same guns...

And then he asks what I think about a compact .45 for concealed carry - while the G30 rested comfortably at 4:00...

That is all.

4 comments:

C Kelsey said...

I've been here for 8.5 months now. I know (personally) one other gun owner. He's a transplant to the state like I am.

I'm still trying to meet folks who like to shoot out here. Attended the Woburn Sportsman Association's open house last weekend. They were nice folks. I'll probably join the club when the A comes through (common A, I'm getting tired of waiting!).

Anonymous said...

Was in Newbutyport this evening and ran into only two guys that recognized me, one from work that I took shooting on his first day and the other was a regular on the skeet range, no other critters. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

Didn't mind one bit...Stickman

Old NFO said...

That's nice... Sounds like another shootin buddy and safety observer when the kids shoot!