Monday, September 28, 2009

Well-Played, Sir

New hopeful for Ted Kennedy’s seat has right name for job
The name recognition surely can’t hurt, but Joe Kennedy, a high-tech whiz kid who plans to become the next junior U.S. senator from Massachusetts, hopes to win voters over on his own.

Joseph L. Kennedy, 37, of Dedham, a member of the National Libertarian Party collecting signatures to run as an independent, has established a Web site: JoeKennedyforSenate.com. He is not to be confused with Joseph P. Kennedy II, 57, whose decision not to run for his late uncle Edward M. Kennedy’s Senate seat left the famous family’s faithful wistful.


The cynicism is breathtaking. PT Barnum would be proud. Here's a guy shamelessly cashing in on the Kennedy name - and the media is absolutely apoplectic with rage. How DARE someone do this, after all? They harp on his lack of political experience - even though they had no problem with Caroline Kennedy seeking Hillary!'s Senate seat. Then again, this is the media we're talking about - consistency hasn't been their strong suit for a long time.

Good luck to you, Joe Kennedy. May you have luck cashing in on the Kennedy name like so many before you.

That is all.

6 comments:

Reputo said...

Does this mean your going to vote and possibly endorse a Kennedy?

Jay G said...

If there were anyone other than A+ rated from GOAL (Gun Owner's Action League, the state-level 2A advocacy group in MA) Scott Brown running on the GOP side, I'd definitely consider endorsing this Kennedy...

As it stands right now, Scott Brown is my choice for sacrificial GOP lamb...

Unknown said...

Thank you for your support.

Please refer your friends to my website I can use all the referrals I can get.

http://joekennedyforsenate.com/

-joe

Dr. Coyote said...

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that I would someday think "Gosh, I wish *I* lived in MA so that I could go vote to help elect a guy named Kennedy to the Senate."

My, my. What a strange world we live in.

Unknown said...

Well Rob, I thank you. Aside from your vote, I can use your support in spreading the word about my campaign. We are in need of press and funds to run our campaign. The more you can spread the word about what we are doing up here, the better my chances.

Thanks so much.

-joe

B Smith said...

BWAHAHAHAA !!!

Go get 'em, Joe !!!