Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Still Sick...

Well, I woke up this morning to find that my temp had spiked at 103.8ºF. This is now the third day I've felt like crap; it is time to see the professionals. If this does turn out to be swine flu, I'm going to be mighty unhappy... Wish me luck; I really can't afford to take a whole week off...

Sometimes I just have the worst timing on the planet...

That is all.

UPDATE: Went to the doc this morning. Diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection, swabbed for strep throat and Flu A & B. Got a Z-pak to go, and I'm already feeling better. I'm cautiously optimistic that I might be over the worst of this...

13 comments:

Bgg said...

I'm going to radio in an airdrop of Nyquil, Chicken Noodle Soup, and some back issues of Guns-N-Ammo for you....

Hang in!

PISSED said...

Jay, This would kinda fit your situation....

http://www.imaginif.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/pooh-and-piglet-comp.jpg

Epijunky said...

Sending "Feel Better" vibes your way.

I've felt like crap for the better part of the last week.

Lissa said...

You need a dose of Chinese (Magic) Tonic Soup :-/ Feel better SOON!

Christina RN LMT said...

Yes, do go see the professionals, hopefully they can get the fever under control. That's way too high a fever to mess around with. Hope you feel better ASAP, Jay!

Jay G said...

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone.

Went to see the Dr. at 10 today. Got swabbed for strep, Flu A and Flu B (H1N1).

Diagnosis was an upper respiratory infection and "something viral". Tests to be performed later this week, although if the speed of the drop-off service is any indication, I doubt I'll know anything before 2010...

RW said...

The URI is enough to put anyone down for a while (had a few score of those in my lifetime). Take care, rest, sleep, rest, lounge and get better.

And in between, relax. :)

Christina RN LMT said...

Don't forget to stay hydrated, Jay...drink, drink, drink...and nothing alcoholic, either!

SCI-FI said...

Dude. This will totally cancel our range-time.
Bummer...

Jay G said...

Actually, I'd been meaning to mention that to you. TheBoy has a Halloween party Friday night that I'll have to bring him to.

How about Saturday? I should be back up to full strength by then...

BobG said...

"Diagnosis was an upper respiratory infection and "something viral"."

I blame Bush.

Jay G said...

...and Global Warming...

Borepatch said...

Rest and plenty of fluids, Jay. But beer probably isn't prudent for fluids just yet ...