Sunday, October 18, 2009

Why Is It...

...that Monday through Friday, I have to go through a lengthy routine involving bright lights, trumpet-like sounds, cajoling, and even a police whistle to get my kids out of bed by 7AM, yet on Saturdays and Sundays they're up at 6:30AM and will not go back to sleep for any reason? It's truly amazing just how quickly the human body and mind start to understand the concept of "weekend"... And I know, I know, it's all part of being a parent...

All I know is that I cannot wait until my kids are surly teenagers and want to sleep until noon. Payback is not only a bitch, but she comes in at 8:00AM in the morning to get you up to mow the damn lawn...

That is all.

6 comments:

Top of the Chain said...

If I could only sleep until 8 am....

Michael W. said...

Simple enough problem to solve.

Water bottle with sprayer kept in the fridge overnight. One or two sprays would raise the dead. -grin- And it's MUCH quieter, well other than the shrieks of the kids......

Bob S. said...

Advice to remember for those teen years.

Buy a couple bags of marbles, yes the good old fashioned style marbles.

Then store them in your freezer for the appropriate need.

Great thing about this idea is that it doesn't damage the bed, and the kids can't roll away from them.

Sabra said...

My children know well that on the weekends, when they wake up they are to play quietly in their room til Mama wakes up on her own, or there will be hell to pay. (They're able and expected to get food and drinks out of the fridge on their own.)

Weer'd Beard said...

Honestly I'm the same way M-F I HATE to get out of bed, and would love to sleep longer.

Weekend, my eyes pop open earlier than I'd like and refuse to shut... *sigh*

Strings said...

>Payback is not only a bitch, but she comes in at 8:00AM in the morning to get you up to mow the damn lawn<

The spray bottle idea works, as do the marbles. Although my father was a proponent of Coke...

Ice-cold Coka-Cola is such a REFRESHING way to start the morning, especially when it's rolled into the bed with you...