Friday, January 15, 2010

HOO BOY...

From the Brown for Senate website:

9-14-09 Scott Brown letter to Gov. Deval Patrick Regarding Eligibility to Serve in U.S. Senate

Dear Governor Patrick:

It has come to my attention that an employee of the Executive Office of Public Safety called the Adjutant General’s Office at the Massachusetts National Guard to inquire whether my Guard service made me ineligible to run as a candidate for the U.S. Senate.

I am bringing this to your attention because it represents highly inappropriate partisan political conduct on the part of your administration. As you are the civilian commander of the National Guard, I know you agree with me on the importance of keeping politics from interfering with the Guard's mission of providing trained and disciplined forces essential to the safety and security of our state and nation.

Wow. Just wow. So, just to set the record straight, a STATE EMPLOYEE called the MA NG to inquire as to whether Brown was eligible to run for Senator. The assumption, of course, is that they were running interference for the Democratic challenger, whoever that turned out to be.

It's nice to see our state money put to such good use in these challenging economic times...

That is all.

Link sent by reader PISSED. Thanks!

UDPATE: GO SCOTT GO!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am dumbstruck - not that some libtard would do this - but that they actually thought military service would somehow disqualify one from holding a public office?!?!?!

Haters.

Anonymous said...

Just wishful thinking on the part of so many of the scum loosely know as democrats.

Stretch said...

Wait until Military Service becomes the ONLY path to public office and franchise.

Anonymous said...

I see your point, but I'm curious why it matters that the person making the inquiry was a state employee. Are state employees not citizens, too? Do they have to give up their right to ask questions of people in state gov't operations just because they also work for the state?

Jay G said...

It's the whole asking in an official capacity that bothers me. If the request came from a private citizen who just happened to work in the office, that's one thing.

For the request to originate in the office is another story entirely. They're asking as a state employee, on my dime, while ostensibly working to serve me.