Monday, January 4, 2010

Overheard in the G. House...

So last night we're wrapping up dinner and getting the kids ready for the week. I get a call from my folks, they need a hand with something, so I ask the kids if they want to come over to Poppa and Nonna's house for dessert. They enthusiastically agree, and start getting ready to head over.

Now, I have to point out that TheBoy is ready to go out in 20ºF weather in shorts and a T-shirt - this is his standard bed time apparel now that he is "too old" for sleepers and pajamas. Mrs. G. takes one look at him, shakes her head, and says, "Aren't you missing something?" He looks puzzled and asks what. "Like a jacket, for starters. And pants."

Without missing a beat, he looks at her and plaintively cries "Aw, why do I hafta wear pants???"

Robb would be proud.

That is all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because you don't live in Florida. And if you get too cold with no pants on you won't pee for a day and a half.

Anonymous said...

Kilts.


Hunter
Alaska

Mike W. said...

Jay - If he had an older brother get annoyed at him and lock him out in the snow in boxers and a T-Shirt I doubt he'd ever ask that question again.

OTOH I probably did something to deserve that.

Anonymous said...

Great post you got here. It would be great to read more about that matter. The only thing I would like to see on that blog is a few pictures of any gizmos.
Kate Flouee
Phone jammers