Monday, March 29, 2010

Almost Up to My Age...

In the Dead Goblin Count, that is...

Intruder killed in early morning Perry Hall shooting
A suspected burglar was shot and killed in Perry Hall Sunday morning when he was confronted by a homeowner with a gun.

According to Baltimore County Police, officers responded to the shooting at 5:46 a.m. in the 4200 block of Chapel Road in Perry Hall.

Police said the suspected burglar had entered the home and was confronted by its resident, who shot him in the residence. The burglary suspect was taken to Franklin Square Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. No one else was injured. Police have not released the names of the resident or the suspected burglar.
Shot him in the residence? Those are almost always fatal... Kidding aside, it's a good thing that the homeowner was armed, seeing as how Baltimore isn't a great place for just giving the robbers what they want - it's a good way to get shot dead anyways.

Good job on the homeowner's part.

Dead Goblin Count: 37.

That is all.

Link sent by Paul, my sometimes MA homie who's got my DGC back...

5 comments:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Poor homeowner will probably be charged with a crime.

C Kelsey said...

Y'know, Jay. I have to say that I've lived all over this country. I've never been more concerned about having a random jackass attempt something in my dwelling than I am in this state with it's oh so fine gun laws. I feel so much less safe that... my Para stays close at hand. This state has some serious issues.

Jay G said...

NJT,

Let's hope not. Please keep us posted if you hear something about this case.

C Kelsey,

It's not MA gun laws that make me nervous, it's the complete and utter lack of anything even remotely resembling a justice system. A man is being held *without bail* because he bought some items that may or may not be illegal; yet we let someone who killed someone and left the scene walk out on $1,000 bail.

If you're an average scumbag, you have little to fear from the MA court system. Add in the draconian gun laws that only affect the law-abiding, and MA is a "target-rich" environment - talk about high yield, low risk...

Hence why I love these stories...

C Kelsey said...

Having lived in Arizona for six years... dead goblins are small beacons in a state that has gone very, very dark.

jimbob86 said...

Give them what they want ...... I'm figuring that if they come to me, offering violence, I will, as the Good Colonel suggested, endeavor to beget to him more violence than he can enjoy!