Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Gun Pr0n #154

Today's gun pr0n is two, two, two guns at once! It's a size comparison of 1991As:

Colt 1991A1 X2

That's a "Compact" model in the back - also known as Officer's model - and a Government model in front (full-sized). The 1991A1 series was Colt's response to the influx of 1911s by other manufacturers at the end of the last century, and offered a Colt 1911-style pistol at the same price as entry-level competitor guns. They're functionally identical to standard 1911s, differing only in finish. The magazines are shown separate to show the minimal difference in size (only one round difference).

Now I just need a Commander-sized 1991A1 and I'll have the set!


That is all.

8 comments:

ASM826 said...

How about a Long-Slide? No collection would be complete without one!
http://www.gundirectory.com/more.asp?gid=20255&gun=Pistol

Jay G said...

Did Colt have a 1991A1 long slide? It'd be neat as heck to have a 6" barreled 1911...

Firing Pin J said...

One of the few things I wouldn't part with are my Colt 1911's.

Jim said...

Jay, I have the Commander 1991A1

Nyah, nyah, nyah! (ingoring the fact that you have the far larger collection.

Humph!


Jim
Sunk New Dawn
Galveston, TX

breda said...

want want want want

Anonymous said...

Jay, You'll need a CCO as well.

sv

Geodkyt said...

I had (and carried) a 1991A1 Commander.

One thing I found out, living in in Tidewater Virginia, was that summertime IWB carry under an untucked shirt resulted in rusting. Even with daily wipe downs.

But it was an EXCELLENT pistol. Even better, after I chucked the firing pin block and got the shim to convert it to basically a Series 70 system.

I only got rid of it because it was the only way I could afford the stainless "enhanced" Commander I replaced it with. If I coulda come up with the last couple of hundred bucks without selling the 1991, I'd own it still.

Jay G said...

That's the main reason I asked a while back about a new coating for it, actually. I carried it all day today with minimal fuss; carrying it in the warmer months may result in adverse reaction on the slide at least.

'Course, if I pick up the Kahr PM9 for BAG Day that may not be an issue... ;)