Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday Gun Pr0n #157

Today's gun pr0n comes from commenter "Stretch". "Stretch" saw my dithering over which .22LR pistol to get, and decided to send a picture of some of his .22LR autoloaders:

22s Galore!

From the man himself: "L - R: Ruger MkII w/ 2X EER scope, Hi-Standard Model H-D Military, Hi-Standard Model E w/ thumb rest grip, Colt Woodsman. The High Standards are ca. 1940-1 and the Woodsman ca. 1928. Yup, I still use them. Magazines are a bitch to find and NOT cheap when I do. It be wrong to not to use them."

I agree completely, Stretch.

That is all.

3 comments:

ASM826 said...

The only .22 autoloader I own is a 1934 Colt Woodsman. It has my grandfather's name on the slide.

I shoot it. I let other people shoot it. Replaced the springs and did a full disassemble/clean recently.

He would have wanted it used, he wasn't one for treating guns like fine china. It came to me with honest wear, and I want to put my share on it, too.

You can find newer, fancier .22s and I like the new Rugers if you're in the market, but they won't shoot any better or more accurately than the old Colts.

Stretch said...

Good news from US Firearms. They're making Woodman (Woodsmen?) pistols again. Details here: http://www.usfirearms.com/cat/woodsman.asp
While I doubt the price on magazines or spares will drop much there is now a source of NEW parts.
Off to the range!

Unknown said...

You are so missing a Browning Buckmark...

Maybe you should temporarily move out of MA and then back in.