Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Gun Pr0n #159

*sigh*

Well, I was hoping to fill this space with a picture of my Buy A Gun Day Acquisition. However, given that the trip to Disney occupied pretty much every moment of my "free" time, I was not able to get a new firearm in time for BAG Day. Fear not - I will still be celebrating BAG Day, just a little later than most.

Instead, here's a look around the gun blogosphere at the BAG Day purchases of others. First off, the pics:

Reader Dennis got a sweet XD:

Utilitarilicious!

And Mopar has a blank canvas:

Endless Possibilities

PISSED got a Kahr PM9 (which he's already said he's going to let me try out!):

Nice Lil Gun

And others who celebrated BAG Day in one way or another:



So, we've got 28 respondents with new purchases, builds, or add-ons. That's a good start. Next year, I want at least double that number. Then double that the next year. I'd love nothing more than to have triple-digit new gun purchases on BAG Day for the last year of the Ă˜bamanation...

Hey, at the very least, we all get shiny new guns, right?

That is all.

13 comments:

Gudis said...

Yup, and brand new full-capacity magazines. I'm sorry, but as an Illinoisan it's not often I get to rub our gun laws in someones face.
You ever figure out what .22 you're getting?

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

It's cool seeing the BAG of everyone in one big list.

John said...

Next year, I think that I might get a Savage Model 14 Euro.

Anonymous said...

Ordering a PPS 43 kit for my son and I to work on.
Not sure how it will turn out but......It's affordable for us.

Lissa said...

You're welcome to shoot my Kahr-oline as well, if you like!

(Jeff's comment was just too awesome to name it anything else. "Sweet Kahr-oline . . . BANG, BANG, BANG!")

Mike W. said...

I picked mine up late last night and threw up a quick post, but no pictures yet. I haven't had the chance to get them off the camera.

Anonymous said...

Couldn't get by the local gun store yesterday, but today purchased a FN P-40. Can't bring it home today, but got several 45s to hold me over a week or so.
Colt .45 cal. handguns, not the beer, you sick puppies.

TheRealWill said...

Paladin got a WASR-10
Zercool got a S&W 5946

These two link to the same thing. Im an AK guy and i had to click on the WASR link, but what i got was a S&W. I want my money back!

Mikee said...

In a retro mood, I acquired a nearly pristine Colt Model 1903 in the (non)puissant 32ACP caliber with a 1928 serial number.

I have liked this Colt model ever since I learned of it in E.L. Doctorow's Billy Bathgate. Makes me wanna walk and talk like James Cagney.

sobriant74 said...

I bought an H&K USP in 9mm for BAG day, along with 4 extra hi-cap mags. I'm debating on which Savage Model 10 to buy with the new accu-stock.

Anonymous said...

I mailed my order for an XM16E1 lower from NoDak Spud; does that count?

bogie said...

Didn't get to buy a gun, but did by 300 roiunds of 9mm ammo. Then bought 300 more rounds on Friday, then bought 850 round of 9mm plus 550 rounds of .22LR on Saturday (before going to the gun show in Concord and getting WS a IWB holster for his XDM).

Looked really hard at a Sig 2Sum at the gun show, but the prices were all jacked up so didn't.

Jennifer said...

How about this?
http://injennifershead.com/?p=1515
Does that count?