Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday Gun Pr0n #162

Today's gun has made a recent(ish) appearance in the gun pr0n pics, but has a new set of stocks that radically change the look. I picked these up real cheap on the local gun board classifieds, all too eager to replace the functional-yet-soulless Hogues on the 1991A1 (good thing it's not an actual 1911 or some people would have me burned for heresy...) :)

Here's the 1991A1 Compact with some nice Colt wood:

Now That's Purty!

When I saw the grips for sale in the "Other" section, I had to have them. The price was extremely reasonable, and the seller even threw in free shipping. Score! Even though the 1991A1 Compact is an Officer's sized gun, I wasn't 100% certain that the grips would fit, but as you can see here, they fit perfectly.

Now if I could only find a similar deal on Government grips for the Gold Cup...

That is all.

No comments: