Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Guns and Hollywood...

No, this is not another post about how Hollywood continues to get everything about guns wrong. This one is about some of the guns that they've done right. The NRA had an exhibit at the convention showcasing some of the legendary guns in Hollywood films: Quigley's Sharps Shiloh, Dirty Harry's Smith & Wesson model 29 .44 Magnum, Sgt. Rigg's (thanks Bob!) "Lethal Weapon" Beretta 92, and John Wayne's 1892 Winchester, among others.

They were kind enough to let us gunbloggers (look in the back for your humble host...) play with some of the weapons. It was seriously cool...

Winchester 1892



Sharps Shiloh



Beretta 92



Smith & Wesson Model 29



Mad props to Danielle and Lars for setting this very cool event up. Getting the chance to put my booger hook on the same trigger as Dirty freakin' Harry was one of the highlights of the convention for me. The model 29 was my obvious favorite, with the 1892 Winchester a close second. They also had the suppressed Remington 1100 from "No Country for Old Men" and a movie-modified Smith & Wesson model 500 from "The Spirit".

I still haven't stopped squeeing about holding "the most powerful handgun in the world"...

That is all.

10 comments:

Bob said...

Didn't the Beretta belong to Riggs and not Murtaugh? Murtaugh (Danny Glover) was the old-fashioned revolver shooter.

Jay G said...

Oops! Good point. Fixed!

Mac Bigelow said...

You da man! That would be seriously cool and I am seriously jealous. Kudos to you for the opportunity, blog on.

DixieLaurel said...

That is seriously cool!
--Dixie

Mike W. said...

Heh, you managed to get Breda on her knees!

No wonder she kept punching you.

This was a once in a lifetime thing we got to do. I certainly do feel lucky, punk!

B Smith said...

Breda was on her knees? I thought she was just really short...

Stretch said...

You got to hold The Duke's Winchester?!?!?
Please be advised I now officially hate you.

ZerCool said...

What, no hot dog??

I'm all kinds of jealous.

phlegmfatale said...

omg. I hope they'll be there next year.

Bruce said...

They didn't have Danny Vermin's .88 Magnum? I'd have stayed in bed.