Monday, May 17, 2010

Home Again, Home Again...

Made it home safe and sound. 15 hours driven straight through, with Weerd and I switching off wheel duty. Car has been returned in one piece (with ~ 2,000 miles on it!); all schwag has been distributed to the appropriate G. family residents; all that's left is putting away all the accumulated paraphernalia, propaganda, business cards, and other assorted memories and mementos of the 2010 NRA convention in Charlotte, NC.

I was on the go from the time I left my house at 6:30 PM on Thursday until I got home at noon today. I've made dozens of new friends, met many new people on my blogroll, gotten an idea what the NRA convention is all about, and have many thoughts and ideas about what to do for next year. First of all, it's closer - so I'm leaving Thursday morning and staying over Thursday through Monday. I'm also taking off the Tuesday after as well - I will definitely need the day to recuperate. Secondly, I'll remember my walking sneakers this time instead of just my slip-on Merrills. Third, I'll reserve my room sooner and get one at a hotel within walking distance to the hotel. And lastly, I'll bring - and carry - my damn gun...

But for right now, though, I'm tired and want to play with my family - so I'll catch up on all the NRA convention posting tomorrow...

That is all.

5 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

Glad you made it safe and sound back home, and returned the beater, I mean, rental in one piece. That doe wanting to Cross the road near Yonkers New York got me worried, that and all those tight parking spaces you stuffed her into!

Great time, buddy, thanks for everything!

Countertop said...

I brought, and carried, my gun Friday night. I just assumed others were as well.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the GunnyWife and I will join ya'll next year.

Old NFO said...

Glad y'all made it back okay!

SCI-FI said...

woo-hoo! Welcome back!