Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Am the Anti-Robb...

I was alerted to a closeout deal over at LA Police Gear for 5.11 Tactical Pants. Yes, I kid you not. Tactical Pants. Given that they were only $17 - with a free belt included - I figured what the heck. I'm always on the lookout for a bargain, and 5.11 gear comes pretty highly recommended, albeit sometimes with "mall ninja" connotations (and you know who you are).

So yesterday (5/11!!!) afternoon this shows up on my doorstep:

Tactical Pants!

And yes, even the belt is tactical:

Tactical Belt!

Tried both pairs on, they're very comfortable and fit well. The "walnut" is in my standard pants size - 32" waist, 32" inseam, but the "birch" pair was only available in 32X34. I took a chance and got the longer pair as well, figuring that they'd fit over boots (or an ankle holster), and they're both fine. There's a spare inner pocket on both sides, with the idea that you would have your pocket pistol on your strong side and a spare magazine(s) or speedloader(s) on the other. From what I can tell, it looks to be a solid arrangement; after the NRA convention I intend to give them a trial run to see how they function.

Now I need a tactical vest and some tactical boots and I'm all set to go work at the mall!

That is all.

5 comments:

Carteach said...

I've been trying out Blackhawk's tactical clothing line.

I have NEVER had pants so well designed and so comfortable. After a lifetime of wearing jeans, I now find myself reaching more often for the 'funny looking' pants in the other drawer.

I mean, come on... pants actually DESIGNED to let you bend over and get back up? Who woulda thunk it??

DaddyBear said...

I just got a pair of their "Station Pants" from one of the other online clearing houses, and Carteach0 is right. These are the most comfortable pants I've owned in a long time. The fabric seems strong enough to last quite a while, and they fit well enough to not bind when I'm crawling around in racks. If they didn't have the "tactical" designation, no-one would blink at wearing them.

Robert McDonald said...

They didn't have my size when I learned of the sale. Boo.

Weer'd Beard said...

This is my safety system in the North Carolina victim disarment zone.

Just stay close to Jay, as he'll be a magnet for all the bullets! : ]

Chris said...

I have a pair myself. The "hidden" pockets are useless. The mag holders only fit single stack 1911 mags and the pocket on the lower thigh is not deep enough to really hold anything useful.

That said, they are more comfortable than any other pants I own save for my $100+ suit pants.