Wednesday, May 26, 2010

MArooned Product Review: Versa Carry

Dennis over at Dragon Leather Works contacted me after the last round of holster reviews. He was pleased with the (overwhelmingly positive) attention that my reviews had generated, and generously offered to make me a custom holster of my choosing as a way of saying thanks. As it turned out, he happened to have a holster for a SigSauer P226 that another customer had ordered but never claimed, so he sent it off to me for my very own. This is a finished product custom-made to the firearm in question, not a prototype or "one size fits most", and I liked it so much I had to show it off...

First up is the holster itself with the Sig tucked snugly inside:

Versa Carry

Here's a long shot of me wearing the Versa Carry as intended:

OC Bad Mofo Mojo

(it is *hard* to get a decent picture of one's self!)

And here's a closeup of the Versa Carry on my belt:

Daddy Like

Look closely. You can see that the part of the holster that rides next to the body is cut and contoured to the outline of the Sig. The trigger is covered; the retention strap holds the gun very securely; the leather is super thick and tough; even the LaserLyte RSL sights are covered by the leading edge of the holster.

I like this holster so much, I think I'm going to get some nice cocobolo grips for the Sig for open carry...

That is all.

2 comments:

Alex said...

That thing looks alot bigger on your hip than it does in the picture by itself. Free holsters are always fun

Anonymous said...

Jay that holster......
being that ugly it's gotta be a form of birth control