Thursday, June 17, 2010

MA Is Good For Something!

In Massachusetts, dinner comes to you!

Mmmmm. Venison jerky.

My house sits about 35 - 40 feet off the road. You can see the porch railing in the bottom right corner. This particular deer came out of the woods behind my house, walked within 25 feet of my back door, then down my front lawn, across the street, through the neighbor's lawn, and into the woods behind my neighbor's house. On several occasions it was closer than 50 feet...

I need to get me one of those crossbow uppers for my AR...

That is all.

9 comments:

Jake (formerly Riposte3) said...

Being MA, I have to ask: Is it legal to kill it at all in town limits?

scotaku said...

"He was coming right at me..."

Borepatch said...

I can personally attest to deer being thick as thieves at Casa G.

Toaster 802 said...

Think of your children! That mangy beast is a lyme aircraft carrier. Best take it out before it's payload goes after the kiddies. Best way to safe the area is to grill up the vector right away. You would be surprised at how many of your friends will help you dispose of the meat. Especially if you treat it with a spicy sauce first and wash it down with plenty of cleansing alcohol...

notDilbert said...

I'll see your single Deer at 50 ft and raise you 2 Does with 3 Bambi's at 20 feet.


The Season starts the 2nd week of Oct. http://www.deerhunting.ws/statemay/maregs.htm

.......Hmmm ..... Doesn't say anything about baseball bats.

Nancy R. said...

Same dang thing happened to us yesterday while we were all out in the front yard.

Anonymous said...

I was doing slave labor err helping my wife with some landscaping when I heard the pitter patter of hooves the other day!
Looked up in time to look a deer in the eye as it burst around the White Pines in my back yard. Damn thing startled me! Reached for my weapon and found .......mulch....geeshh..

Anonymous said...

Happens here, too, and living where I do (i.e., the sticks), I can use any firearm I own, or the bow, or...

boB said...

Uh, 1 shooter gets a live round, the rest are issued blanks. That way no sense of guilt is inferred upon the shooters.

Just sayin'