Monday, July 12, 2010

Anticipation...

There she stood, the teenaged girl of my intentions. I'd heard good things about her through the grapevine - she was available, mostly; although her reputation also made her quite appealing as well. I approached her tentatively, wary. I was afraid to ask the question burning inside me, afraid she'd say no. I'd been rejected so many times I ever despaired of success; so many young women having turned me down that I was starting to lose hope of ever hearing the magic "yes".

Finally I worked up the nerve. I approached her in the hallway, in a section removed from others so that if she laughed in my face and broke my heart, at least it would be in private. The words nearly stuck in my throat I was so nervous as I asked, so afraid of crashing and burning yet again. The moment arrived; I walked up to my intended target and asked her the question I had asked many other young women:
Will you be available to babysit Saturday night?

Not what you thought, was it?

That is all.

10 comments:

breda said...

HAHAH!

Did she say yes?

Anonymous said...

We're too much alike, so it was pretty much what I expected.

So what did she say?

PISSED said...

I just want to know when your gonna spin off and write romance novels?

Mike W. said...

Good one Jay!

BTW - This is proof that you're old.

Bräuista said...

Hehe . . . you're too funny!

Anonymous said...

You can come and clean my laptop now!!
It has coffee all over it.
Good coffee!

Funny you are though!!

Jay G said...

She's going to ask her mom. I'm cautiously optimistic...

:D

Borepatch said...

It was a sad, sad day when our favorite babysitter got her driver's license ...

ZerCool said...

/me snickers.

If her mom sees your blog, the answer is gonna be a resounding, "Not only no, but HELL no!"

Phillip said...

I've been extremely lucky so far, I've had the same two babysitters for over four years, ever since mine was about three months old. One of them has already graduated college, right before she graduated high school. (Dual enrollment is awesome for those kids with the drive to do it.) The other one we're about to lose because she's leaving for college in a couple of weeks. Fortunately, the first one is staying here for a little while, and loves to babysit.

Good luck finding a good one that will stick around and do a great job. Those are few and far between. You might consider looking at girls a little older, I've even had a sitter in her twenties a couple of times.