Monday, July 26, 2010

Less Than A Week!

Man, the Third Annual Northeast Bloggershoot is coming up fast - less than week away! It's getting close enough for me to start panicking planning some more, so I figured I'd make my list of errands to run beforehand.

I figure I'm gonna need to hit Wally World at some point:

1. Clays (whether for skeet/trap or just as a target)
2. Bug repellent (I cannot recommend this strongly enough!)
3. Name tags (yes, if you're comin' you're gonna wear one. We've got a lot of folks coming!)
4. .45 ACP/9mm/.223 Remington/.22LR

I've got to hit at least one gun shop:

1. 12 gauge 00 buckshot & slugs (the Mossberg's gettin' a workout)
2. 7.62X39mm (Weerd's bringing his new WASR and I want to try her out!)
3. .357 Magnum
4. .44 Magnum (yeah, I think it's time to bust the cannon out)
5. Caliber to be named later not normally found in a box store (heh, figure it out yerself!)

There's targets to be filled (I have over three dozen 2L soda bottles waiting to be filled with water for reactive targets); there's ammo cans to be loaded (I'm bringing a .30 cal can filled with Federal copper-jacketed .22LR for general consumption - and I hear there's gonna be a full-auto .22LR present, so we might make a dent in it this year!); and *lots* of magazines to be loaded.

One other thing I need to do is to take a paint marker to all my magazines. For folks who live in America, losing a magazine isn't a huge deal; for those of us trapped behind the Red curtain in states that have some version of "Assault Weapons" ban, losing a pre-ban magazine hurts a lot more (side note: If anyone coming from a free state has any pre-ban magazines they'd like to exchange for brand new ones, I've got cash...) :)

I'd like to get all the prep done ahead of time (for once) this year. Saturday I'm going to hit a few gun shops in my quest for ammo, then I'm heading out to help set up the sooper seekrit range so our very generous host doesn't wind up doing all the work himself (again). It also gives me a chance to get my little corner staked out ahead of time (hey, being the organizer has its privileges!) so I have more time to greet people and chat and not worry about setting up.

Looking forward to seeing y'all again (and meeting some of you for the first time!) on Sunday!

That is all.

11 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

"Wally World"?

Wally has a store? Or is it a theme park? Either way I wanna go!

I can't wait. I still haven't decided what I'll be needing. Need to do it soon so I can hit the appropriate shops as well!

This is gonna be SOOOO fun!

Jay G said...

[picturing Weerd as Flounder]

"Oh, BOY, is this GREAT!"

JD said...

Jay you have to bring a 1911. . . I need to try one. I will bring some .45 along. . .

Can't wait - I need some trigger time BAD!

Jay G said...

JD,

I will be bringing at least one 1911, probably two...

You are more than welcome to try either.

Lissa said...

I get to bring cookies AND guns this year. Life is good!

Wally said...

Theme park, oh most certainly a theme park!

You must be taller than the the rifle to go past this point-


Still need some time at the loading bench - but it is haaard to focus on a few calibers. Trying to limit myself to 6 or 8 guns and OH NOES just realized I need to sight in a rifle between now and then.

Mopar said...

OK, we have a room booked in Salem, NH. It's no where near the supersekrit range, but it is close to some other attractions we've been wanting to visit so we're making a weekend out of it. Not sure what I'm bringing, but probably the Glock 23 and 36, Ruger 22/45 and 10/22, Mr Mossberg, Marlin lever action .44 magnum, and 1-2 milsurp rifles. A far cry from the arsenal I brought last year! Since then we've changed clubs. The old club was only 15 minutes from home, but was becoming so unfriendly we rarely used it. The new club is 45 minutes away, but so nice and friendly I'm there at least once a week. I get so much trigger time now I'm probably more interested in shooting the shit then shooting my guns.

I'm still confused about MA mag restrictions, but if any of my mags are especially desirable to the poor folks stuck in MA, we can work something out.

Dragon said...

OK...I'll be bringing some .40, 9mm, and .380 ammo (.380 can be had here in NY, and not outrageously priced...)

Also going to bring a box of 30-30 (leftover from a rifle I no longer own) and 12ga slugs, bird, and turkey shot.

Would appreciate it if ANYONE with the address of the sooperseekrit range can pass that along to me in email to dragon@dragonleatherworks.com, so that I can pop it into the GPS and find my way there. Also, the name of the town that the range is in, so that I can book myself a Sunday night room, so as to save me from driving out there *AND* back in t he same 24 hour period.

Barring that, any offer of crash space would be *very* appreciated... :-)

Jay G said...

Dragon, check your e-mail, I'm sending directions.

ZerCool said...

@ Dragon - email sent with lodging/rideshare potential.

@ Jay - I've got a box and a half of clays I can bring along if that would be useful...

Jay G said...

Okay. I think I'm getting a handle on hardware now...

Pistols:

Colt Gold Cup National Match .45 ACP
S&W model 629 .44 Magnum
S&W model 13 .357 Magnum
S&W model 360PD .357 Magnum (a.k.a. the Snubbie from Hell™)
SigSauer P226 9mm
Browning Hi-Power 9mm
S&W model 17 .22LR
Colt Official Police .22LR
NAA Arms Mini-22 .22LR with laser and bayonet

Rifles:

Bushmaster AR-15 .223 Rem
Yugo SKS 7.62X39mm
Mosin Nagant M91/30 7.62X54mmR
Ruger 10/22 .22LR
Remington 511 .22LR
Marlin 39A .22LR

Shotgun:

Mossberg 590 (with bayonet)

If there's anything else anyone would like me to bring, let me know!